Caring for your braces is vital to a successful aligning treatment. Did you know if you don’t care for your braces you could increase the time you need to wear them? Well, It’s true! That is why our team here at Ifantis Dental Care is proud to give you these tips when it comes to caring for your braces, so your smile can be a successful, radiant smile you can be proud of! These tips to remember include:
– Food: Avoid various foods and snacks that can easily get stuck between your teeth and braces.
– Appointments: Visit your orthodontist regularly for checkups and appointments.
– Oral Hygiene: To keep your braces clean, you should still brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily to prevent harmful food particles from becoming trapped between wedges in your braces and teeth.
– Safety Equipment: To protect your teeth and braces, wear safety equipment to suit your environment. This includes mouth guards, helmets, face protectors, etc.
– Cleaning: Always clean your retainer weekly.
Ifantis Dental Care wants your orthodontics treatments to serve you as best they can. To schedule an exam with Dr. John Ifantis or to book an appointment for any of our wonderful services, please call us at (847) 268.4998. Our office is in Morton Grove, Illinois. We look forward to seeing you soon!